2. Detail of MathICs Caravan activities
The caravan is composed of two types of events distinguished according to the event's location and its target group in the following way.
First types of MathICs Caravan:
- Locations: Middle and high schools
- Target group: Teachers and students.
For middle and high schools, two types of activities are planned, each of which will take place in the different schools that have been selected and are specified in the table included below.
First type of activities in middle and high schools:
- Title: Preparation of and experimentation in a hybrid class.
- Activity: A team of MathICs will prepare a hybrid classroom concept in collaboration with some teachers from the schools to be visited. The prepared material will then be applied and shared in a class of students from the visited schools. The experience will take place in the presence of the MathICs team who will take the opportunity to make a brief presentation of MathICs in the presence of the teachers of the schools and also the administrators.
- These experiences will be presented and shared with participants in the type II activities of the Caravan.
Second type of activities in middle and high schools:
- Title: Use of software and hardware in the teaching of mathematics.
- Activity: to share, in the form of workshops, with students and teachers of the chosen schools, some examples and activities previously elaborated by the workteam, to show the importance of the software and hardware used in the teaching of mathematics.
Second types of MathICs Caravan:
- Locations: Higher education institutions and education-related directorates (faculties of Moroccan Universities and private colleges of AMESUP, Centers for Education and Training Professions, Higher Schools of Education and Training and the Provincial Directorate of National Education).
- Target group: Professors, Students of higher education institutions, Pupils (future teachers), Education Inspectors, and any pedagogical actor interested in the teaching of mathematics.
- Title: Use of ICT in the teaching of mathematics (MathICs experience).
- Activity: the activities will focus on sharing the experience of the MathICs project through the organization of workshops to show good practices in the use of ICT in mathematics education.
All activities will start with a presentation of the MathICs project (objectives, activities and impact). The workshops will be the following:
- Workshop 1: ICT in mathematics teaching and pedagogical approaches in the use of ICT.
- Workshop 2: On the production of educational videos.
- Workshop 3: On e-assessment.