Date: 25-29 September 2023
Who is to attend: researchers, professors, students, technicians, consultants, nurserymen, stakeholders and growers, and all those interested in papaya cultivation.
- 3 meeting days (oral sessions and poster sessions)
- 1 day of technical tour. Papaya orchards. Greenhouse cultivation of papaya, nurseries, packing facilities, coops.
- 1 day of cultural tour. Visit to the beautiful city of Granada. Palaces of Alhambra and Carlos V. Generalife gardens (optional).
Languages: Spanish and English with simultaneous translation.
Proceeding: Full participants at an ISHS symposium are to receive a copy of the Acta Horticulturae volume as part of their registration fee.
Topics of discussion:
- Marketing. Commercialization. Papaya in the world. Future Trends.
- Botany and Uses. Germplasm. Plant Material. Breeding.
- Propagation. Sex molecular markers. In vitro multiplication.
- Orchard design. Orchard density.
- Plant Physiology. Abiotic Stresses. Plant Growth Regulators.
- Cultivation Techniques. Nutrition. Irrigation. Bagging. Thinning and other Cultivation Techniques. Protected cultivation.
- Harvest and postharvest. Handling. Fruit Processing. Alternative Products.
- Crop Protection. Pests, diseases and physiopathies of Carica papaya
- New Research on Papaya and related species.